IGNITE YOUR CAREER
You have been working for a company for a while or working in the same role at different companies, either way, you can’t seem to break through in your career. You feel restless and unfulfilled in your current role, and you know you can be more. Especially considering that you are above average in your performance. What is holding you back? What does it take to break through to the next level?
I was a top performer and yet I always felt like something was missing. I did what was expected of me, never asking what I expected of myself. Yes, by all accounts I was successful. Yet, not until now, am I truly where I want to be.
If you are like me, you are good, even great, at what you do. You are ready to get out of your own way to step into a higher level of career satisfaction. You are willing to look at your personal development to move from expert to master in your career.
Are you ready to invest in your career? Consider what your life might be if:
- You find meaning in your work
- You are comfortable being yourself at work
- You are confident to step into new tasks, roles, assignments, or even new positions
Do you find yourself in one or more of these situations?
- You and your boss never seem like you’re on the same page
- You feel invisible at work, never getting the opportunities you desire
- You react sometimes emotionally because of the stressful environment
Let’s discuss how elevating your professional presence will move you forward in your career.
A common thread in all research points to fulfillment being directly linked to impacting others:
- A comprehensive analysis of data from more than 11,000 employees across industries: the single strongest predictor of meaningfulness was the belief that the job had a positive impact on others.
- Studies of people who view their work as a calling, not only a job or career: Yale professor Amy Wrzesniewski, widely regarded as the world’s leading expert on the meaning of work, shows that a core element of a calling is the belief that your work makes the world a better place.